Friday, October 23, 2009

Rekindle the Flame

In a recent assignment in class regarding game genres, I talked about several games in the "adventure" category which happens to be one of my favorites. The two games I talked about were Super Mario 64 and God of War. After talking about these games, I really got in the mood to play them so I dug out my Nintendo 64 and Playstation 2 and I'm really glad I did

New games come out all the time but after you play one so much, you begin to have an attachment to it. For example, Super Mario 64, I haven't played that game in years and talking about it in class brought back many memories of playing with friends when I was no older than 8 years old. Now, as I pick up that oddly shaped Nintendo 64 controller, I am having just as much fun playing now as I did when I was younger with the added perk of actually being able to complete many missions I was unable to complete as a child because they were too difficult. I am currently in competition with my friend Lauren Haley to see who could get the most stars in the game. She is winning (for now).
With God of War, unfortunately I do not own the original because I failed to remember that I borrowed that from a friend years ago. However, I own God of War 2 which is just as good, if not better. A few years back, I made a deal with my friend Danny that we would only play the game together because it was just that awesome that we didn't wanna miss anything. After playing for about an hour, I sent Danny a text telling him I started playing again. He suddenly really wanted to play. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up playing later today. Sadly, God of War 3 will only be available for Playstation 3 which I do not have. I need to find someone with one asap. Until then, this trailer will have to hold me over:


With that said, the games of today will probably have the same effect years from now. I can already imagine me popping in Arkham Asylum 5 years from now and being just as excited to play as I am now. Now, I am probably going to go play some more God of War 2. Greek mythology for the win!


1 comment:

  1. I've never played God of War....
    Now I want to,,, and you're right, when you start talking about the "old games" it makes you want to bring them out and play again!
    That happened last semester with Final Fantasy... several went back to play

    ReplyDelete