Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloweennnn!


This Halloween, my friends and took the ferry into the city to participate in all of the chaos. While I was waiting to meet them at the ferry terminal, I saw plenty of your basic costumes such as witch, doctor, etc. What I actually found really cool was the amount of video game characters I saw there and would see throughout the night.

Standing there waiting for my friends to arrive, I came across Link and Zelda from The Legend of Zelda series. Seeing them walk together was actually pretty cool because generally you only see Link. The Link costume wasn't anything to write home about but the Zelda costume was beautiful. It didn't even look like a costume, it looked as though she could have been an actual princess. Once arriving in the city, we came across tons of Lara Crofts from the Tomb Raider series. Some girls were really good while others clearly shouldn't have been wearing the tiny shorts that come with being Lara Croft. No one was surprised at the amount of Marios, Luigis, and Marios & Luigis together. People generally can't pull that one off because Mario is supposed to be a little short and chubby looking while Luigi is tall and lanky. As the night went by, we got pretty hungry so we went to eat at this little bagel place we walked by. It was here that I saw someone in a Toad costume for the first time in my life. Remaining consistent with the rest of the night at yelling out the costumes that we recognized, and being that Toad is one of my favorite characters, I of course yelled out "TOAD!" and instantly received a high five from him. The best video game costume of the night definitely has to go to Bowser. I couldn't tell if he made his costume or bought it but it was awesome. He was walking alone and this made me think of a similar situation last year. A girl I know was Harley Quinn for Halloween last year because she anticipated the amount of Jokers there would be after the Dark Knight came out. Everyone is always Mario and Luigi so why not be their ultimate villain, Bowser.

Overall, the night was a success and I didn't arrive home until after 5am and by that time everyone's costumes looked horrible because it rained on and off all night. My makeup was smeared and washed out. Either way, that Bowser costume was really cool and makes me wonder if I should be the less popular Wario or Waluigi for Halloween next year.

1 comment:

  1. Wet costumes and all...
    this is proof that video games are part of our culture. Yo! Toad!

    ReplyDelete