Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dactyl Addict

Dactyl is by far the most addicting iPhone game I have ever played. It all started on my friend Sean's phone when he showed me a game called Dactyl. In the game, there are 9 black bombs on screen and what you have to do is touch each bomb as it turns red in order to deactivate it. If you mess up, it explodes and you lose. It sounds lame but it is far from it. Upon playing for the first time, I got the new high score (refer to previous blog post when I said I am just nice like that with some games).


Over the past few weeks, my little circle of friends has been competing for the highest score whenever we get our hands on that phone. Since I kept getting the high score, Sean banned me from the phone until someone could beat me. After some time, my score was beat, then I beat it again, then I was beat, etc. Finally I was able to get way higher than what the highest score was but of course, it wasn't on that phone. Whose phone was it on? My brother's because I had downloaded the game onto his phone too because its that addicting. By no means was I going to let this go unnoticed so I took a picture of the screen with my phone and sent it to them so they can see my score. Of course they would say it doesn't count but whatever, I beat them.

Currently, the high score is 476 set by my friend Nicky. The last time that I tried to beat it, I got the closest of everyone with 436. Just as I was about to play again, his mom comes by and asks what we were playing. We showed her and she wanted to try...worst decision ever. She ended up taking the phone with her to the couch and played until the battery died. She got really good too. Her first few tries she couldn't get past 20. She now has one of the top 10 scores with somewhere a little over 330. Anyway, if you can get your hands on an iPhone or iPod Touch, I highly recommend downloading this game. You have nothing to lose since its free anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Between this and DJ Hero, did you eat? talk to anybody? go outside? do homework!:)

    ReplyDelete